Friday, November 9, 2007

Has it been this long...


February was the heart of winter here in the Northeast. It was also the heart of the winter of my life. It is fascinating to look back know in my bones that the last 7-8 months of my life were probably the darkest, loneliest and most nourishing in all of my life.

This beautiful arrangement of autumn flowers sits beside as I write. They were given to me from a new place of life and hope in my life, a man who sees me for the beautiful person I know myself to be.

After the dark of winter, I am finding a place of potential, a place of growth and a place of hope. Feeling radically welcomed and embraced by new life and new possibilities.

Life in the parish remains muddled with human-ness, but also beginning to show signs of change. Oh, if it weren't for the Holy Spirit and her move'n, I'd have collapsed or drowned under the weight of burden by now. But, there is new life. New conversations, new ways of thinking, new look on he old Word of God's amazing love and grace.

May God's grace and the working of Her Holy Spirit continue to breath the intoxicating sent of fresh hope.

No comments: